Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Once upon a time... I was a photographer


I've been thinking a lot about photography these days. Perhaps because I'm presently surrounded by many photography students and photography enthusiasts. I remember making the effort to really see all the time, and appreciating little oddities. I also remember lacking confidence. I still struggle with that today, but in a more seasoned and objective way, if that makes any sense... I took this photograph quite a while a go when I was still in school. Being a destitute student, I presented the series as 4 x 6 inch prints mounted on mat board trim from mat board windows. I still look back on that project and think it's disappointing that the problem of money (as well as confidence) held me back from printing this image large scale. I compare this to an introvert clearing her voice versus an extrovert screaming "look at me!" Size and volume matters. Well, I love this photo, and I want to share it with you here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment