Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Projection/ Installation for Nuit Blanche Devereaux (2009)


                              Melting Projection/Installation (ice, ink, projector, acetate), 2009

This was an installation that I did for Nuit Blanche Deveaureaux in 2009. Curated by the exceptionally talented team of Victoria Cheong and Allison Peacock, NBD was an "all day/evening program of works that represent a variety of female perspectives in a multi-disciplinary style".

This piece was comprised of an image of a human heart on acetate layered onto an image of smokestacks. I wanted to create movement to the work, so I added a layer of ice (formed as a rectangular block) and a few drops of red ink; and through the melting process, bubbles in the ice popped and travelled and mixed with the red ink. 

I love that my dear cat Kiska makes several cameos in this piece, giving an additional performance element to the work. That's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment