Sunday, May 20, 2012

Waiting for another Eureka!

Good-bye, hand-cut paper, 3 layers, 20x16 inches, 2007
I'm stuck at home on a lovely Sunday afternoon playing mediator between my cat and my parents' cat. Not going so well... Anywho, back to art... so, as I am trapped here to make sure no eyes are lost and no urine puddles will corrupt my apartment, I shall update my blog with work which I've been meaning to post. 

This was the first piece in which I created in this layered cut-out style. I took this photograph when I lived in London, England in 2000. I did a photo series documenting my time there, and I re-evaluated the photographs years later, pondering ways to bring the images to life in a different way. This cut-out hangs on a wall in my studio and I am reminded of that Eureka! moment every time I look at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment